Passion Fruit Mojito Recipe
Passion fruit Mojito is a fun cocktail for the month of summer and warm spring. With some more doses of passion fruits, it can be your next favourite cocktail for these seasons. It does add a nice twist to a classic mojito by just adding some passion fruit which mixes really well with rum.
How to make a perfect Passion Fruit Mojito:-
- 25ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 8-12 fresh mint leaves (add more mint for extra minty and fresh flavour)
- 1 Passion Fruit
- Top with soda water
- 50ml Light Rum
- Bar Spoon
Steps to Make Passion Fruit Mojito:-
- Take a glass such an highball glass, bash the mint and add into the glass.
- Pour freshly squeezed lime juice, rum, passion fruit pulp, and add ice into the glass.
- Take a bar spoon to churn it and mix it very well.
- Top it up with soda water.
- To make it look sexy, add a good mint sprig as a garnish, and a lime wedge.
It’s this simple. Bartenders will usually make it by muddling fresh limes and using crushed ice. We personally used to make ti this way, until we realised how easy and tasty is to make it in the original way. Using cubed ice and fresh lime juice.
If you require extra passion fruit flavour into the drink, we advice to use a passion fruit puree.
When planning a cocktail party, hire professional bartenders for your party to make this amazing cocktail.
While not everyone will be interested in knowing the background or history of the Mojito drink, many mixologists fans might be.
Usually, Mojito is a long drink that contains comparatively less alcohol than other cocktails. It consists of rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and spearmint. Though it was trendy and various versions of this drink, including passion fruit mojito, are getting popular, yet there is some dispute about who invented it.
One of the theories says that in the 1500s, an associate of English pirate Sir Francis Drake invented the mojito in Havana. Gradually, various versions of this Mojito came after that, but it’s still in doubt who invented Mojito. But whoever did, we have to confess he had given us an excellent drink for our entertainment and refreshment.
How to choose the best passion fruit?
- Choose a fruit that is ripe in order to use the fruit immediately. Ripe passion fruit will have purple and wrinkled skins.
- You can also buy an unripe version if you would like to use them later. Make sure that you store them properly and let them ripe at the home temperature.
- Whenever you purchase, choose the one that has a good weight as the hollow version indicates dryness most of the time. Also, check that the fruit isn’t eaten and is relatively fresh to look at.
That’s how you can choose the best passion fruit to make a great cocktail.
Calories: 150kcal | Fat: 1g | Saturated fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Unsaturated Fat: 1g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 7g | Calcium : 35g | Iron: 1mg.
- What to do if you can’t find fresh passion fruit?
=> There is no problem if you can’t find fresh passion fruit. You can use passion fruit puree that you can easily find online and have it delivered.
- Can I make it into a mocktail?
=> For sure. You can just remove the light rum and add lemonade instead of soda. And you got yourself a good maracuja mocktail.