At Spin and Shake, we believe that the secret to a successful gathering is a beautifully crafted grazing table. Grazing tables are the perfect way to impress your guests with an abundant display of delicious food that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re hosting a corporate event or a backyard barbecue, a well-designed grazing table can elevate any occasion.
In this guide, we’ll take you through the steps on how to create a grazing table that will leave your guests impressed and satisfied. From choosing the right ingredients to arranging the perfect display, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
1. Choose Your Ingredients
The first step in creating a stunning grazing table is to choose the right ingredients. A good grazing table should be a balance of sweet and savoury, with a variety of textures and colours. Some of our favourite ingredients include:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables: Add some colour to your table with a selection of fresh produce. We love to include a variety of berries, grapes, sliced cucumber, carrots, and cherry tomatoes.
- Cheeses: A grazing table wouldn’t be complete without a selection of cheeses. Choose a variety of soft and hard cheeses, such as brie, cheddar, and blue cheese.
- Charcuterie: Cured meats are a must-have for any grazing table. We recommend selecting a variety of sliced meats, such as prosciutto, salami, and chorizo.
- Crackers and bread: Make sure to include a selection of crackers and bread for your guests to enjoy with their cheese and meats. Choose a variety of flavours and textures, such as plain water crackers, seeded crackers, and baguette slices.
- Dips and spreads: Add some extra flavour to your table with a variety of dips and spreads. We love to include hummus, tzatziki, and pâté.
2. Choose Your Display-ware
Once you’ve selected your ingredients, it’s time to choose your display-ware. The right display-ware can take your grazing table to the next level. We recommend using a combination of platters, boards, and bowls in a variety of shapes and sizes. This will allow you to create different levels and textures on your table.
3. Prepare Your Ingredients
Before you start arranging your grazing table, it’s important to prepare your ingredients. Wash and slice your fruits and vegetables, arrange your cheeses and meats on platters, and portion out your dips and spreads into bowls.
4. Arrange Your Grazing Table
Now it’s time to arrange your grazing table. Start by placing your larger items on the table, such as your platters of cheese and meats. Then, fill in the gaps with your smaller items, such as crackers, fruits, and vegetables. Make sure to vary the heights and textures of your display-ware to create visual interest.
5. Add the Finishing Touches
Finally, add the finishing touches to your grazing table. This could include fresh herbs, edible flowers, or even some fairy lights to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Encourage your guests to dig in and enjoy the feast!
In conclusion, creating a stunning grazing table is all about choosing the right ingredients, display-ware, and arranging it in a visually appealing manner. With our guide, you’ll be able to impress your guests with a feast that they won’t forget. Happy grazing!