When planning an event, one of the key considerations is the bar. Hiring a bar can be an essential element in creating the right atmosphere for your guests, and it’s important to understand the costs involved so you can budget accordingly. In this article, we’ll take a look at the key factors that impact the cost of bar hire for events and offer some tips for finding the best options.
Factors that Affect Bar Hire Cost:
- Type of Bar: The type of bar you hire will have a big impact on the cost. For example, a basic bar with a single bartender might be less expensive than a full-service with circular bar, dry ice and premium spirits used into cocktails. Hiring a bar can cost from £600 – £20,000 depending on the size of the party.
- Location: The location of your event will also affect the cost of bar hire. If your event is in a remote location, you may need to pay extra for transportation.
- Duration of the Event: The length of your event will impact the cost of bar hire. Most companies charge by the hour or by package, but the longer the event, the higher the cost will be.
- Drinks Selection: The selection of drinks you choose usually do not have impact the cost of bar hire, however some companies will charge a bit more for drinks that are not on their cocktail list.
- Staffing: The number of bartenders or bar staff that you require, can results on a higher quotation from the company.
- Other Add-Ons: Some bar hire companies offer additional services such as ice, glasses, and garnishes. These services can add to the cost of bar hire, so it’s important to factor them into your budget.
Tips for Finding the Best Bar Hire Options:
- Look Around: There are many bar hire companies out there, so it’s important to search around and compare prices. Look for companies that offer competitive pricing and a wide range of options, but do not go for the cheapest one as the saying goes ” you pay peanuts, you get monkeys”.
- Consider Your Budget: When looking for bar hire options, it’s important to consider your budget. For a bar hire you have to consider a minimum spend of £600. If this is not on the budget, you can just hire a bartender and provide everything else yourself.
- A cash bar option could be a great option for weddings. You pay a small booking fee and agree a minimum spend with the cocktail company.
- Check reviews: Before choosing a bar company, it’s important to check references and read reviews from previous clients. This will give you a good idea of the company’s quality and reliability. If a website/business does not have review, stay well away!!
- Negotiate: You can negotiate of course, but not too much as the bar company might lower the quality of the service.
- Get Everything in Writing: When you’ve chosen a bar hire company, be sure to get everything in writing. This will ensure that you have a clear understanding of the cost and services included in the price.
- Finding a portable bar company with the right food hygiene license would be ideal for a peace of mind and safety of your guests.
Bar hire is an important part of planning any event, and it’s important to understand the costs involved so you can budget accordingly. By considering the factors that impact cost, you can ensure that your event is a success by hiring a trusted company. Just remember to get everything in writing and to check references before making a final decision. With a little bit of planning and research, you can find the perfect bar hire option for your event.