The breakfast martini is a marmalade gin cocktail that was invented in 1996 at The Lanesborough hotel. The recipe for breakfast martini is so simple that anyone can make it at home.
Let’s dive into the recipe to make a perfect drink for your breakfast and start enjoying the beginning of every day.
- 1 spoon orange marmalade.
- 15 ml De Kuyper Triple Sec.
- 50 ml Rutte Dry Gin.
- 15 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Orange zest or sweet pickled peeper: for garnish.
Steps to make Breakfast Martini:-
- Assemble all the ingredients that we have mentioned above.
- In a cocktail shaker, put marmalade with ice to dilute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and shake well for 15 sec.
- Pour the drink into a martini glass.
- Garnish it with an orange twist or sweet pickled pepper. Now, enjoy your drink.
- The deliciousness of this cocktail somehow partially depends on the quality of the marmalade used. So, make sure you have chosen a high-quality marmalade to prepare this drink.
- When serving the drink, use a V-shaped and chilled martini glass.
The breakfast martini was invented in 1996 by Salvatore Calabrese in London, England. He was inspired by Harry Craddock, who invented the marmalade cocktail.
The story begins like this. Salvatore used to take very little breakfast every day. One morning, his wife sue had served toast and marmalade for breakfast. While he was eating, he came up with the idea to make a martini drink on this, and he finally made it.
Salvatore became one of the inspirational people among the mixologists after inventing such an amazing martini. Though it was not the first cocktail made with marmalade, undoubtedly, it’s the most delicious one. Let’s enjoy your breakfast with a breakfast martini.
There are approximately 188 calories in one serving.